To all our Juice clients and friends,
We hope you, your families and friends are all keeping well.
As you may have heard by now, SOUTH AFRICA IS OFFICIALLY ON ALERT LEVEL 1 AND OUR BORDERS ARE OPEN!
We wanted to give you a brief synopsis of what this means:
- Business traveller’s (this will include anyone traveling for filming) can now come to South Africa
- Production / director / DOP / production designer / client and agency are still viewed as ‘oversight’ visitors and do not need to apply for a visa to enter SA, These are issued upon arrival at immigration
- If you needed a visa before Covid 19, you will still be required to apply for one at the SA Embassy. This applies to talent and some technicians who are deemed ‘specialists’, or you are holder of a passport from a country which requires a visa for SA
- Everyone coming to SA to film still needs to apply for an LOA (letter of authorisation) which is issued by FIVA in Cape Town – we have been doing this for the last few years so no change
- Please allow 2 days once we have made application to have your LOA issued
Additional Covid Requirements:
- If you are from what is deemed a ‘high risk country’ we need to apply for a letter from the Department of Home Affairs authorising your entry. We do this for you here once we put in the application for the LOA. This process usually takes a further 2 days. (the list for high risk countries is updated by government every 2 weeks)
- Everyone coming to SA will need to have a Covid test (PCR) done no later than 72 hours prior to your departure. The negative rest results need to be on a letter head, must be dated and must be signed by the medical authority/doctor). These must be available to be provided to immigration on arrival if asked
- Once you arrive in SA you will be screened – temperature taken / questions asked pertaining to Covid symptoms
- If you show no symptoms of Covid and can show your negative PCR test, you can then proceed directly to your hotel and no quarantine is required
- If you are presenting with Covid symptoms, you will be required to quarantine at your hotel or place of residence until such time that you show a negative test result. In this circumstance we would send a doctor to you to test you, and results are achieved in 24 to 36 hours from testing
We have compiled detailed documents giving you the step by step procedure to guide you and your team through the processes as well as a list of what you need to enter SA.
Your Juice team has been briefed with all the current requirements and we are on hand to guide and assist you through this process.
We continue to work safely and responsibly adhering to Covid and social distancing protocols as required to keep us all as healthy and safe.
If you have any questions, concerns or would like us to run you through any of processes please let us know. We are your production partner, every step of the way.
Take care, be safe and we hope to see you soon,
Martin, Carmen, Greer and your Juice Team